Rekeying locks in Charlotte NC
If you have just moved into a new house, office or apartment, we highly recommend changing or rekeying all your door and window locks. It makes perfect sense, after all, why would you put your security in the hands of the previous tenants, previous owners and their friends? You deserve to have security and peace of mind, so don’t give someone else the keys to your life.
Rekeying—what is it?
Rekeying locks involve the process of modifying the locks of your home so that the old keys will no longer operate and you will be able to use new ones. The configuration of your lock will be changed without having to replace the lock itself, making it a more affordable option than changing the lock altogether.
Top 5 Reasons For Rekeying Your Locks
- If you are moving into a new apartment, office or home, you will want new keys, simply because it is impossible to determine how many key copies have been made by the previous owners and how many were given to their friends or associates. After all, it is always better to be safe than sorry.
- If you have given spare keys to service people or repairmen and they haven’t given them back, you should change or rekey your locks. You can never be too sure of who has access to the keys.
- If you are going through a divorce or a separation, then you need to have your locks rekeyed. As much as you may feel that you trust the other person and want to settle things amicably, emotions can be quite unpredictable, and possessions or valuables can become issues of contention. You certainly don’t want to come home to an empty house, finding that the other person took all of your belongings while you were gone.
- If you are sharing your apartment with roommates and they leave, you should have your locks rekeyed, too. You may know them and trust them, but you have no way of knowing what will happen to their keys when they’re gone.
- If you have recently been a victim of a break in or an invasion, it is highly recommended that you have your locks rekeyed, or even changed, and improve the security of your home.
Even if you haven’t experienced the situations mentioned above, it is still a good idea to change your locks every couple of years. Burglars and other criminals are getting smarter these days, and can easily bypass a simple home security system, much less an outdated lock.
Hire a professional, bonded, insured and trustworthy locksmith to help you with your rekeying needs. In Charlotte, the best choice is A-Access Lock & Key. With more than 20 years of industry experience, we have serviced hundreds of happy clients. We are known for our efficient and quick services. Let us help you improve the security of your home or office; call us at 704-545-5410.